Then there is Jack Jack... as we all tend to call him... You know... you need to say his name a couple of times to get his attention. It must be in all men at a young age to have "selective hearing". His is still a firecracker! It is amazing how two kids made from the same two people are completely different. His is soooooooooooo bad. Well, that may be a little exaggerated but its hard not to compare one sibling against another when they were at that age. He starts swimming lessons in January which should be interesting... He loves swimming and the pool however, we are at that stage where he can't be separated from me even if I leave the room.
Our family had a lot going on in the month of October. We lost someone who everyone in our family loved. She was the glue that kept this family together. My mom's sister Tia Carmen or as most of us called her Nana. I miss her so much and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I worry for my cousins because I know that they are being strong however, are still hurting and missing her. We had a memorial service for her in Chicago (the town she loved). Everyone that lives in the states was able to make it. It was great to be with all my family that I rarely get to see. We all have this special bond... we may not see each other often however, when we do see each other, its like we saw each other just yesterday. Here is a pic of her beautiful urn and her favorite picture.
WE MISS YOU NANA! I KNOW YOUR WATCHING OVER ALL OF US!
The week after we came back from Chicago, we had a surprise dinner for my dad's 60th birthday. It was just a small gathering with just some friends of our family. I made dad this scrap book which began with pictures from his birth up until today. It was really hard work but I'm proud of it. It turned out great. The kids made him a stone with their hand prints in them. THAT WAS FUN TO MAKE!!! (do you sense the sarcasm?) I think Dad was onto us... but because he is the way he is... he never let on. He is way to nice to let my mom and I down. That is why everyone loves him... Here is a pic from the restaurant of Dad!
To round out October was Halloween. The kids had a great time. We went to Ally's school for their Halloween parade and they went trick or treating with Jim this year. It was his turn to take them around. Ally was Ariel and Jack was spider man. Here is a pic before they left to get candy.
November was pretty quiet with the exception of Thanksgiving. We went to my sister-in-laws Lisa's house for dinner. We went up to Harrisburg for the long weekend. It was nice and it always nice to go and visit my in laws. He had a great Turkey and my mother-in-law Kathy and I had a great black friday. We dared to go where everyone else did too. We went shopping and we actually had a fun experience. We really didn't encounter too much craziness. But I think Mike (her husband) thinks we are both crazy...
So far, December has been crazy also. As usual.... I get really stressed out when it comes to Christmas and shopping. In the beginning of the month, our niece Katie turned six. We went up for her party. The kids had a great time. Ally always get so jealous when Katie turns a year ahead of her... and now that Katie has begun to lose her baby teeth... Ally is just dying inside. I told her she will love the fact that Katie is older when they both are in their 30's. She looked at me like I was insane. Here is a pic of the birthday girl all decked out...
That same morning, Ally school had a visit with Santa. They had breakfast, games, face painting, a dj, etc. The kids had a ball. All Jack wanted to do is wait in line to see Santa. We waited... and waited... and waited... and waited. And as you can see, we finally get up to the line and yes... Jack freaked out! If you look closely, you may be able to see Jack waving from a far. I'm sure he will be like Ally... once he figures out that this is the guy who bring them toys for Christmas, he will be singing a different tune. Ally of course had her list on hand and was not wasting a minute of her precious time with him.
If I don't post before Christmas... We wish everyone a happy and safe Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment